This add on is useful for groups or institutions that purchase a block of memberships for “child” accounts that remain linked to their “main” account.
It provides the main account holder with a code to distribute among their team for use when during registration or the main account holder can automatically register the child accounts during the checkout process.
How it Works
There are a few scenarios possible with this add on. Each scenario shares these common features:
- When users checkout for a main account (or are assigned one by and admin), a discount code is generated to allow sponsored members to sign up for the sponsored level for free.
- If a user has a discount code assigned to them, it will show up on their membership account and confirmation pages.
- Sponsored members will be linked to their sponsor through the pmpro_discount_codes_uses table.
- If a sponsor’s account is cancelled, all of their sponsored members will have their accounts disabled as well.
- If a sponsor’s account is re-enabled at a later point, all of their sponsored members will have their accounts re-enabled automatically.
Popular Use Cases Include
- Parent account completes checkout and receives a discount code with a specified number of uses (seats) to share with child accounts, who can register their own account at the specified level for charge.
- Parent account selects the additional number of child accounts they would like to purchase at a specified price (N accounts * X price per account is added to parent’s price for membership). Parent account receives a discount code with the selected number of uses (seats) to share with child accounts, who can register their own account at the specified level for charge.